- name: GEON Gridder Service
- author(s): GMT - The Generic Mapping Tools Team
- language: English
- raw-string: nearneighbor reads arbitrarily located (x,y,z[,w]) triples [quadruplets] from standard input [or xyzfile(s)] and uses a nearest neighbor algorithm to assign an average value to each node that have one or more points within a radius centered on the node. The average value is computed as a weighted mean of the nearest point from each sector inside the search radius. The weighting function used is w(r) = 1 / (1 + d ^ 2), where d = 3 * r / search_radius and r is distance from the node. This weight is modulated by the observation points weights [if supplied].
- url: http://cedar.se.cs.utep.edu/wsdl_docs/GridderService.wsdl
- uses-inference-rule: Generic Web Service